If your photo in the driving licence is old and you want to change photo on Driving Licence, that is absolutely possible. In this article we will discuss step wise procedure for how to change photo in driving licence . If the photo on driving licence gets faded and become hard to recognize clearly, you can change or update photo on Driving Licence.
Procedure to change photo on driving licence
As mentioned , you can change or update driving licence photo using online services. The steps for these biometric changes in DL includes application submission, RTO slot booking for verification and visiting RTO office.
Change /Upload a new photo on Driving Licence
Steps to update driving licence photo and a Signature to a License: –
- Go to Parivahan website.
- Select your state name.
- Select Driving license related services under which choose ‘Services on DL’ option
- Continue for change of biometrics in DL and enter the Driving license no and date of birth and Click get details button.
- Confirmed your driving licence details
- Select category, RTO and proceed
- Enter your mobile number, blood group, and qualification
- After confirming details, proceed for change of biometrics in DL i.e. change of photo on driving licence
- Select reason for change ,fill self declaration form, submit to generate application reference slip
- Click Next, it will redirect to new tab where ‘Upload Documents’ and Select ‘Upload Photograph and Signature’
- Make payment of 400 Rs fees here for change in photo of driving licence and Submit your application
- Book slot for visiting respective selected RTO with required documents.
Present your application and fee receipt to a motor vehicle inspector at your RTO office. A updated driving licence will be sent by post. This procedure helps you for changing photo on driving licence.
Update driving licence photo
- Visit your local RTO to obtain the form.
- If you have already completed the downloadable form, bring it along with the aforementioned documents and your image.
- The superintendent will check your documents and inform you of the fees for making the changes.
- Pay the required amount to your RTO office by challan or cash and keep the receipt.
- Keep the receipt handy because it will serve as your driving licence until the you recieve updated driving licence.
- The driving licence will be sent to your address in 30 days.
Documents for Photo Change on driving licence
Following are the documents required to change photo on Driving Licence :
- Aadhar Card
- Passport sized Photograph
- Driving Licence with one photocopy
- online filled application form
How to check the status of driving licence photo update ?
Applicants can check the progress of their applications of driving licence photo udate by following the steps outlined below.
Step 1: Go to Sarthi Praivahan’s official website (https://parivahan.gov.in/ )
Step 2: From the homepage, select ‘Online Services.’
Step 3: From the menu, select ‘Driving Licence Related Services.’
Step 4: Choose the state from which you want to perform the service.
Step 5: Enter your application number, date of birth, and captcha code, and the status of your application will be displayed on the screen.
The preceding section explains in detail how to change photo on driving licence . Read these instructions attentively and apply to change photo on driving licence without delay.
A driver’s licence is a vital document. It enables you to drive without difficulty. However, you may need to change its photo from time to time. So, how to change photo on Driving Licence?
The first and preferred option is to do it online, while the second is to go to the local RTO to make the change. To begin, go to Parivahan official website. Choose driving license-related services.
Choose a state. Choose the services on DL. Enter your driver’s licence number and birth date. Select the Get Details button. You can see our driver’s licence here. Enter RTO information. Change your biometric DL. Send in your application. You’ll be given an acknowledgement slip. Update driving licence photo.
You have to follow the steps to change photo on driving licence.
OFFICIAL WEB SITE : CLICK HERE